Bumpy™ Biliary Stent
|Category: Biliary Stents|
Irregular cell sizes allow for segmental radial force so side branches of pancreatic duct are not compressed, thus reducing stent related pancreatitis or pancreatic sepsis. Both flared ends reduce risk of migration. Full PTFE body cover and silicone flare cover along with a removal string at proximal end allow for easy removal. Radiopaque markers: 3 (three) each end & 2 (two) in the middle.
Benign biliary strictures
Details / Features
- Fully covered, removable
- PTFE membrane prevents the risk of tissue ingrowth
- Percutaneous and endoscopic delivery systems
- Irregular cell size
- Both flared ends
- radiopaque markers
- Fully covered self-expandable metallic stents in benign biliary strictures: A multicenter study on efficacy and safety Endoscopy 2012;44:923-027 Tarantino et al.
- Modified fully covered self-expandable metal stents with antimigration features for benign pancreatic-duct strictures in advanced chronic pancreatitis, with a focus on the safety profile and reducing migration. Gastrointest Endoscopy Vol. 72, No. 1: 2010 Sung-Hoon Moon, MD, Myung-Hwan Kim, MD, PhD, et al.
- Feasiblity and safety of placement of a newly designed, fully covered self-expandable metal stent for refractory benign pancreatic ductal strictures: a pilot study Gastrointest Endoscopy Vol. 68, No. 6: 2008 Do Hyung Park, MD, PhD, Myung-Hwan Kim, MD, PhD, et al.